- Housekeeping – locations of fire-escapes, toilets etc.
- Discussions will be restricted to agenda items only. Additional items requiring substantive discussion will be required to be added to the next meeting’s agenda.
- Chair to announce the departure and return of all attendees at meeting.
- All speakers will address themselves through the Chairperson
- Only one person shall speak at a time
- All speakers shall be polite and not raise their voices
- All speakers shall show respect to all others in attendance and shall not use offensive language.
- All speakers will keep to the subject under discussion
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, each person may speak only once on an issue until every member has had the opportunity to speak thereby accounting for all opinions.
- All Coalition meetings will observe equal opportunities and respect diversity of all community members. Racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic and discriminatory language aimed at disabled people will not be acceptable or tolerated so please do not air personal views that are likely to offend.
- All members shall be open and honest in their dealings and show respect for other members.
- All members shall abide by the decisions taken at meetings.
- (a) If any member does not abide by the Code of Conduct, there will be a warning that if they break the Code of Conduct they may be asked to leave the meeting.
(b) The offending member will be told that three warnings will be given and this is the first warning.
(c) The offending member will be told that there may be two further warnings and at the third case shall ask the meeting to vote on whether the member should be asked to leave the meeting. The offending member will be required to absent himself/herself from the meeting whilst the vote is taken.
(d) The above sanction will apply to each meeting in isolation, unless the offence is deemed to one of gross misconduct, in which case the matter will be dealt with through the Disciplinary Procedure.
- In the event of there being a conflict of interest (or potential conflict of interest) this must be disclosed to the meeting and if necessary, the member who has disclosed the conflict, (or potential conflict), whether financial or non-financial, shall absent themselves from the meeting whilst the subject is under discussion.
- Political references shall be avoided.
- Meetings will close at a pre-determined time i.e. two hours from commencement of meeting.
- A ten minute break from proceedings will be taken approximately mid-way through meeting.
- Venue of next meeting to be announced in a manner which is accessible to all
- Minutes will be circulated, in a range of formats as deemed necessary, to all members at least 7 days prior to the next meeting.