- There are 14.1 million disabled people in the UK.
- Life costs an extra £583 a month on average if you’re disabled.
- 8% of children in the UK are disabled.
- Disabled people are almost twice as likely to be unemployed.
Our mission is to act as the collective representative voice of all disabled people in Carmarthenshire promoting equality, rights, and social justice. The CDCFA embraces the social mo
del of disability, which places responsibility on the organisation of society for the exclusion of and discrimination against disabled people. The Coalition is recognised by Carmarthenshire County Council as the preferred route for disabled individuals, representative groups, and third sector organisations to engage with the Carmarthenshire Disability Partnership.
The Carmarthenshire Disability Coalition for Action aims to:
- Represent expressed views, wishes and opinions of member’s and provide disability expertise on various influential planning groups, organizations, and agencies including the Carmarthenshire Disability Partnership.
- Encourage and maximize networking between disabled people their organization and policymakers at all levels
- Support member organizations and individuals so they can input effectively and have a greater influence on policy-making at local levels
provide opportunities for involvement and participation for disabled people.
- Provide information in accessible formats to disabled people in Carmarthenshire.
- Provide programmes of capacity building and support for individuals and disability-led organisations.
If you would like to join this group then visit our Membership page.
Our office processes a large and diverse amount of information for the benefit of our members and the disabled community in Carmarthenshire which we publish on our Facebook page.